We love October for one reason…it means it’s almost winter! Okay, so we also like when the leaves change color, that there are pumpkins and mums on every corner, and the taste of a nice fall Michigan brew. We like all of these things so much, that we decided to throw an epic party to celebrate! It’s called Skitoberfest and you don’t want to miss it.
Admission is FREE! Tickets for food, brews, and certain activities are available at designated ticket booths.
Make it a weekend getaway, book a our special Skitoberfest lodging deal today! Rooms are limited.
The following information is from Skitoberfest 2016. Details for 2017 will be posted approximately 30 days before the event.
THE Winter Expo: 10am – 5pm inside the Civic Center
This is the kick-off to Skitoberfest with all the latest and greatest gear from your favorite reps and it’s a chance to pick up your season passes so you’re ready to ride when the snowflakes fly! We are also excited for you to meet professional skier, Nick Goepper! Hailing from a small hill in Indiana, Nick Goepper gets big results, including an Olympic bronze medal, a second-straight X Games gold and a second-straight AFP slopestyle title.
- Community Ski & Snowboard Swap benefiting Boyne City Ski Teams: 10am – 3pm **Swap items may be dropped off from 4-7pm on Friday and 8-10am Saturday**
- Ski Clubs, Race Clubs, and Manufacturer Reps – Your Favorites with the Latest Gear
- Guest Speaker Nick Goepper at 1pm followed by autographs/selfies with Nick session
- Tuning Demonstrations
- Great Giveaways including a $500 shopping spree at our new Under Armour store and The North Face store!
- Boyne Country Sports Tent Sale (in front of the store) | Saturday: 9am-6pm | Sunday: 9am-5pm
THE Village Party and Activities: noon – 6pm
- Michigan Craft Beer, Wine, & Spirits Tasting – Tickets required, no entry fee to taste. 21 and older; photo ID required.
- NEW: Get your Skitoberfest Ski Pass stamped by eight participating food, beer, wine, spirits, or activity vendors to enter in a prize drawing
- Food & Sweet Treats from Area Restaurants and Food Trucks
- Ben Daniels Band | 1:30-5:30pm
- Music, Dance, and Theater Performances
- Chalk Art on Village Lane
- Paint Your Mark on the Graffiti Wall
- Photo Booth
- Music and Magic on the Lawn – Live Street Theatre
- Casting Lessons with Boyne Outfitters
- Village Sidewalk Sales | 11am-8pm
- FREE Scenic Chairlift Rides on Hemlock | noon-8pm
- Twin Zip Rides (visit the Adventure Center, 2-5pm)
- Hay Rides | 2-9pm
- S’mores Around the Bonfire | 5-9pm
- Cart decorating in the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa courtyard
Skitoberfest – Photos From Instagram
Tag your Skitoberfest instagram photos with #skitoberfest or #skitoberfest2016 and they will appear here in our Skitoberfestl Instagram Photo Stream.
Skitoberfest 2016 – Photo Gallery (Click on photos for captions & slideshow view)