According to the Let’s Move campaign, kids need at least 60 minutes of active and vigorous play each day to stay healthy. Michigan Snowsports Industries Association invites all schools to take a field trip to their nearby ski area for a special experiential learning program and lots of fun outside this winter. A field trip is best suited for kids seven years of age and older.
The School Ski Days field trip program includes:
- A tour of the ski facility.
- An explanation, prior to skiing, of the Skier’s Responsibility Code and safe skiing techniques.
- The use of rental equipment (if needed).
- A ski or snowboard lesson. Children will be divided by ability.
- Information on the science of making snow.
- Free time on the slopes to practice skiing and have fun!
Cost of the Program
The participating ski areas have agreed to provide the School Ski Days program as inexpensively as possible. The objective is to introduce children to skiing and snowboarding and to get them outside, enjoying Michigan’s winter in a fun, safe environment. The cost varies from ski area to ski area but will not exceed $35 per child. Some ski areas charge less. Transportation is not included. If you have children with special needs, please discuss this with the ski area, as we will do our best to accommodate all children.
Please call the representative at the ski area you wish to visit to plan your School Ski Days field trip.
More News From MSIA - Michigan Snowsports Industry Association
Michigan Snowsports Industry Association – News and Specials via Facebook